Samsung will produce mobile appliances in Venezuela

Ramiro Helmeyer nos comenta

The South Korean multinational Samsung plans to start producing phones, tablets and appliances in Venezuela during the second half of the year , once finished lift its first plant in the country , in partnership with the national government , a senior executive of the firm said in Caracas.

Late last year, they agreed to create a joint venture company with 51 percent share of Venezuela and the remaining 49 percent , the tech giant .

«In six months we can start production ,» said vice president of the firm in Venezuela , Luis Cobo.

» It would be originally to meet domestic demand, but the idea is that we can export products,» he added.

The company has assembly plants in Mexico , Brazil and Argentina and Venezuela produce industrial complex , in a first phase mobile phones and tablets and then appliances such as TVs and appliances.

In February, Samsung and the government of President Nicolas Maduro signed a cooperation agreement for the brand products are marketed under local law, with a ceiling of 30 percent of profits.

As part of what he described as his » offensive to the economic war,» Maduro ordered a reduction in prices that caused a flood of buyers late last year, but during 2014 left unserved premises.

Venezuela maintains strict change control for 11 years , according to employers, represents a bottleneck for the industry makes .

Despite being known as an electronics company , Samsung is also involved in heavy industry , automotive, financial services , chemicals, medicine and hotels.